Sunday, January 15, 2012

ROCK N' ROLL

I love the idea of taking an old rock band adult tee and re-fashioning it into a little girl's dress.  My kids were all very into music, they play all sorts of instruments and love to attend concerts.  Music was a huge part of my upbringing and I tried to surround my children with healthy doses of different genres of music through out their lives.

My son has an inherited love for the drums, he started banging pots and pans as a toddler before he walked, drove me batty drumming on any surface incessantly throughout his teens, played in bands, even got to play B.B. Kings Hard Rock Cafe once and played at the Whiskey a Go-Go.  His father is also a natural born drummer and continues his love affair with drums.  So when I ran across a cool t-shirt featuring a drum set at the thrift store, I was excited to get it home and refashion it.



I read over several of my favorite blogs to get a good idea of what I wanted to do because I hate making something that I love and then seeing a different way that I may have chosen had I seen it first, don't you?  So, I ended up printing out a sized 2 dress pattern for the measurements, opted for a boat-neck style neck, left it long because I think it makes a cute Boho-chic maxie dress and sewed buttons at the shoulders for an added touch.  I am pretty happy with the results, take a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment