Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I have, I think, almost 30 nieces and nephews.  Tonight, three of my little sister's Jessica's boys, Reese, Cole and Hayden, wanted to spend the night.  We played with the cats and my dog, bounced my exercise ball all over the house (the most use it's gotten since I purchased it at a garage sale last summer!), before we laid down and I read a story, we made up a recipe for brownie cookies that turned out delicious! Here is the recipe:


Brownie Boyz
1 box of brownie mix
1 pkg cream cheese
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. olive oil
raw sugar or powdered sugar (we liked the raw sugar sprinkled on before baking)


pre-heat the oven to 350, I like to bake cookies a little longer at a lower temp.


Mix all of the ingredients except the sugar in a mixing bowl until well incorporated.  Drop spoonfuls of mix onto cookie sheet, they bake in what ever form they are placed on the pan.  I tried pressing them with a fork, but they are to gooey.  If the form is important, a pastry bake would work fine.  If you use raw sugar, sprinkle on raw cookies prior to baking.  If you use powdered sugar, shake onto cookies immediately after baking.  Cookies will bake in 8-10 minutes, when pressed gently, they should spring back.  Upon removing them from the oven, remove from the sheet to prevent further baking.  

The cookies are moist and delicious inside, like brownie bites!  We hope you enjoy them, Reese, Cole, Hayden and their favorite aunt, Tobe'


2 comments:

  1. 30 nephews and nieces?! Wow! How many brothers and sisters do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the eldest of 7, I have four plus one, one sister has 4 plus 1, a brother with 5 plus 1, a brother with 5 plus 1, a sister with 3, a sister with 2, a sister with 4 plus 1, in addition to 3 great neices!.....we're not catholic but we are Irish, lol!

    ReplyDelete